In an obvious attempt to promote upcoming crossover, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Nintendo has announced a new deal for those who purchase both Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem Awakening in North America. Continue reading
Following last week’s huge eShop sales to coincide with the iDÉAME conference, four Nintendo 3DS games from Level-5 and Rising Star Games are getting the temporary price cut treatment from 18th April. Continue reading
It’s been a long time coming, but Intelligent Systems’ Fire Emblem: Awakening is finally set to arrive on Nintendo 3DS in four weeks’ time, after taking the world by storm (read: becoming the best-selling game in the long-running series thus far) in both Japan and North America. Continue reading
Following an apology for the delay in Europe, Shibata confirmed that a stunning Nintendo 3DS XL bundle, featuring a pre-installed copy of the game, would be arriving exclusively in Europe on the game’s launch day, alongside the first Add-On Content pack – “Champions of Yore 1” – which will be available for free for a limited time.
At 4am this morning Nintendo hosted another of their Nintendo Direct streams, in which they revealed New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the Nintendo 3DS, showed off more gameplay footage of other Nintendo DS and 3DS titles, and told Japanese gamers how to adjust their controls in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
We were (somehow) wide awake, live-tweeting the event as it happened; so for all you sensible people out there, here’s a summary of our tweets from when the event was happening:
- Good morning, world! How many of you are crazy enough to be awake at 4am?
- Here we go! Introduction from Iwata himself. No subtitles, though.
- Kirby 20th Anniversary logo revealed; mentions a 3D Classics Kirby game. Not sure which.
- Six Just Dance boxes shown off.
- Four-player Just Dance gameplay…
- Pokémon Black & White 2 gameplay footage! This is more like it!
- Mentions 3DS in the same sentence as Pokémon Black and White 2…
- Pokémon AR shooting game coming to the Nintendo eShop.
- Another Pokémon app for the Nintendo eShop… seems to connect to Black & White 2?
- ‘Pokémon *insert Japanese name here* Pro.’
- Guild 01 from Level 5 for the Nintendo 3DS footage is being shown.
- Dragon Quest 3DS gameplay footage is looking pretty impressive. Uses Mii characters.
- A 3D ‘Dungeon RPG’ from Atlus with gameplay. It all looks very… Japanese. [Etrian Odyssey IV]
- Another Level 5 game…
- A rhythm game from Namco Bandai! Looks very Rhythm Paradise-y. Also, very Japanese.
- Rune Factory 4 is being shown off. Finally, a game with a title we can read!
- Sega, Namco and Capcom’s game, Project X Zone gets its first trailer showing off characters from each of the three companies.
- Mario Tennis Open gameplay is looking very impressive… for a tennis game. Customisation looks pretty in-depth.
- A turn-based strategy game with Download Play being its main feature…?
- More collectible AR cards in the style of Kid Icarus: Uprising for said strategy game.
- Wow, Download Play, AR cards and… Twitter integration!?
- Cartoony football game for 3DS that we’ve seen before looks… the same as before.
- … Seems to emphasise three-player versus.
- New Nintendo 3DS firmware update adds folders!
- Now we can finally sort our NES Ambassador games from our GBA Ambassador games!
- Is he talking about Mario Kart 7 DLC? He seemed to say ‘Mario Kart 7,’ then ‘Nintendo eShop.’ [It was actually a patch for the Wuhu Island track glitch!]
- What’s this!? A Kid Icarus: Uprising… sequel? DLC? What is this!? [Turns out it was the first of two rather long videos teaching you how to adjust the controls in Uprising.]
- Kid Icarus: Uprising CD available for either 400 or 250… somethings. Club Nintendo points?
- Fire Emblem: Awakening‘s graphics are looking very nice indeed.
- Monster Hunter Tri G menu screen. [Possibly showing DLC quests?]
- And now, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy gameplay.
- Animal Crossing 3DS screens – a confirmed 2012 release for the game in Japan.
- 2D Super Mario game for Nintendo 3DS screens shown!! Called New Super Mario Bros. 2!
- Another Etrian Odyssey IV trailer now.
- Etrian Odyssey IV has ‘Casual’ difficulty mode, for you n00bs out there.
- Is this a Wii U game? What’s that tablet this presenter woman’s using?
- Not a Wii U controller, it seems.
- More Kid Icarus gameplay? Um, Nintendo, you released this game already.
- It seems to be focusing on the controls a lot, and they did mention the eShop earlier. Are they releasing a patch? [No, they were telling us in more detail how to adjust the controls.]
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 releasing in August in America! Might we get the game earlier?! We hope so!
- Aaand, that’s it?
That was indeed ‘it’. What do you make of the announcements? More importantly, did you wake up at 4am to watch?
Of course, this was the Japanese Nintendo Direct stream; Nintendo of Europe shall be hosting their own at mid-day today. If you’d like to keep up-to-date with that, follow our Twitter account as we’ll be doing yet another live tweet-along. Until then, back to sleep!