Amidst the recent release of Pokémon Conquest and the confirmation of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2′s release date, some slightly more obscure news arose during a Nintendo Direct presentation: Pokémon Typing Adventure (now known as Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure) for the Nintendo DS would be getting an English language translation.
Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure comes with a special Nintendo Wireless Keyboard featuring the standard key layout, which has been made to work with this game but may also work with other Bluetooth-compatible products. The package also includes the Nintendo DS Compact Stand that can be used to position your Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL, Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system as your hands use the keyboard.
Launching across Europe on 21st September, Nintendo’s also revealed some new information regarding some of the upcoming game’s new features:
- Research over 400 Pokémon – including Legendary Pokémon – in this unique, typing-based game.
- Take on the role of the latest member of the Elite Typists’ Club.
- Your typing skills will gradually be tested to the limit as you attempt to accurately type the names of any Pokémon you come across on your journey to help Professor Quentin Werty and his assistant Paige Down with their research.
- Fun for beginners and typing pros alike, Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure starts you off gently, with early levels only tasking you to type the first letter of a Pokémon’s name before moving you on to much trickier exercises as your typing skills develop.
- By typing their names correctly you will capture each Pokémon in your Typing Ball, allowing your team to research them.
- As you progress you will encounter increasingly rare Pokémon, including the likes of Legendary Pokémon like Reshiram and Zekrom from Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version.
- The game offers lessons on finger placement as well as other tips to improve the accuracy and speed of your typing. Successfully tackle both aspects to build up combos and earn high scores that will improve your overall typist rank.
- As you progress you will be able to unlock up to 60 different, challenging levels and go in search of rarer Pokémon to study and up to 180 medals to collect.
Do you plan on improving your typing skills with Nintendo’s much-loved critters and the pun-riddled Professor Quentin Werty?